Skip to main content

Banned by Conservative Hammers

Yesterday, I was banned from the Face book forum, Conservative Hammers for questioning the media’s representation of the change in committee member’s of the House Budget and Financial Committees. - Also for defending John Boehner and Mitt Romney.

This does not matter since participation in a forum is only as valuable as the degree to which one has the freedom of speech to express one’s views. When Keith Brock, after reprimanding me for addressing him by his full name rather than as “Sir” or Mr. Brock”- telling me that I had not been granted permission to address him by the name that he goes by on Face book, published an announcement that he did not like to take such an action but as he announced “she is not a conservative’ and so he is justified in silencing my voice on the forum that he governs.

It is ironic because the “true conservatives” that allegedly populate Keith Brock's face book forum, Conservative Hammers, are part of the media chorus which unilaterally reports that the four congressmen were removed from the committees because they are conservatives- and so now Mr. Brock, after announcing to his loyal followers that I am not a conservative, at least in accordance with Keith Brooks personal definition of conservatives, uses said definition as a reason to remove me from his forum. Can this be the very definition of duplicity?

Touché to Keith Brock- By my definition, Keith Brock is no conservative because my definition of conservatism includes that which is being conserved  - the American political philosophy which is the basis of our great constitution and which includes the freedom of  speech, which Keith Brock has demonstrated himself to be intolerant there of, wanting to surround himself only with those who are in strict agreement with his own views. Keith's intolerant close minded attitude has sadly become the attitude that defines the (organized) far right., the same far right that is labeled by the media and themselves as the "true conservative" - more to say on that in my next blog post.

 Also ironic is that Keith Brock reprehended me for calling him by his name- Keith Brock- and then he turns around and calls me one who is not a conservative- which I consider to be slander- but calling me by my name- no one needs my permission to do so- announcing to the world that I am not a conservative- I take offense to that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaceBook Blocking- in-Q-Tel and the Private Hegemony Of Power

TWEET THIS:  http://goo.gl/9y2MiH  Recently a message appeared  on my screen , being identified as from Facebook. It brought up the Facebook login screen and warned against sending friend requests to people that one does not know in one's circle of friends , family, work, and classmates I first received the message several months ago. The first message included a list of twenty names of people who did not respond to my friend request over all the years that I have been on Facebook. It asked that I delete all the requests and suggested that I stop sending friend requests for a week. The next was a list of 7 names - some of them very recent requests, which I did not think were given adequate response time. The third message to appear  told  that I am blocked for a week from adding friends and displayed a list of five names- all very recent requests- all in response to those with whom I interacted on Facebook- and one within the last hour of receiving t...

High Brow Art VS the Marketplace and the Maine Juice Conference

TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/xdwZDk Continuing with my story from HERE ...(and incorporating a few paragraphs from this earlier but incomplete telling ) Finally, after a year of receiving stimulus fund notices for non-profits only, in the fall of 2009, I received an email from the Maine Arts Commission about a competition for small businesses for what I took to be, a modest grant for the sum of 30000.00 from an "anonymous source". In a moment of hopeful delusions, I imagined that the Maine Arts Commission had come to its senses and realized that they needed to support the private sector. The competition was called an "elevator pitch competition" which means a pitch delivered in five minutes. Even the written answers to questions on the application were required to be answered in a minimal number of words, brevity being stressed as being so important that if your couldn't explain a business idea in five minutes, then one's business idea is simply not ...

Resident shouted down and threatened with police force at Hampden Town Cou...

This is a video of a woman valiantly fighting for her freedom of speech at a Hampden, Maine Town Council meeting. Despite threats to call the police if she didn't stop expressing her views, she prevailed as a public citizen protesting the town council's expenditure's of the taxpayers money, reminding them that it comes out of the pockets of the people. As a function of posting this video on As Maine Goes, which is still active at this time, The names of the two people in this encounter have been identified: Quoting from the As Maine Goes discussion: Vic Berardelli : "The name of the woman speaking in the video is Kristin Hornbeck , who once sat on the Hampden Town Council." This has been corrected- The woman's name is Kirsten Hornbrook. Three Pipe Problem ; " I believe Thomas B. Brann is the Chair , demonstrating either an infantile grasp of Robert's Rules or a deliberate abuse of them. How can this guy sleep at night? I hope he does the rig...