Skip to main content

Statute Enacted By Maine's Budget Committee Basis for "Legal Fraud" Foisted on TaxPayers !


Tweet This: http://goo.gl/9583iv

This is the Pathway to Enactment page, produced and distributed under the direction of the Clerk of the House and Secretary of the Senate of Maine.

What you will read on the  Pathway to Enactment page is consistent which what most of us learned in  Civics 101  - that laws are enactied by a vote of agreement in by both legislative houses.

Below is the explanation from the Maine Legislative Library about how laws are enacted in post-constituional Maine- and explaining that this is a standard means that Maine State Inc has been using to enact laws.

It is only under the new laws instituted in post- constitutional Maine- ie under the laws codified by Maine State Inc- that the tax payers are on the hook for what the media, long in bed with the transformation of Maine from a state to a corporation, has declared to be a "legal fraud"- all of which is based on the enactment of LD 991 into the statute- not by a vote by both houses- but by the budget committee which enacted it by writing it into the budget!

With emphasis added by myself- This is the response I have recieved to my latest FOA request:
In response to your request for further information, I have included some information that should be helpful. ·         P.L. 2011, ch. 380, Part Q can be found starting on page 856: http://lldc.mainelegislature.org/Open/Laws/2011/2011_PL_c380.pdf·         What Ryan is referring to is that while the one bill did not pass (125th LD 991), the idea of the bill seems to have been rolled into the larger budget bill that year. In that way, while LD 991 did not pass, this program was still enacted into law because it was contained in the budget. This is relatively common, and the motivations may sometimes be unclear, but the result is similar to if the original bill passed. It is important to note that the language enacted in the budget bill (P.L. 2011, ch. 380) is not identical to the language in 125th LD 991 or amendment S-299, but it seems similar.
·         This program, enacted by P.L. 2011, ch. 380 Part Q is codified as 10 MRSA §1100-Z: http://legislature.maine.gov/statutes/10/title10sec1100-Z.html If you have further questions please feel free to contact us again. Alex BurnettReference LibrarianMaine State Law and Legislative Reference Libraryemail: lawlib.reference@legislature.maine.govwebsite: http://www.legislature.maine.gov/lawlibphone: 207 287-1600

You can look it up for yourself. LD991 was been inserted into a budget meeting and by that means enacted into law by the budget committee and that is why the media is reporting that the Maine taxpayers have to foot  a bill for "legal fraud " now reported at $91 million dollars, as the committee makes moves to double the limit of the New Markets Refundable Tax Credit !

As I reported in an earlier post- when I first discovered that LD 991 had died in the legislature and reported that fact on this blog, the bill tracking link was temporarily changed to point to a page that said a committee had approved it. (post-constituional Maine)

When I wrote about how this only confirmed that the bill was never passed by the legislature, the link was switched back to point to the standard legislative session report ( Constitutional Maine)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaceBook Blocking- in-Q-Tel and the Private Hegemony Of Power

TWEET THIS:  http://goo.gl/9y2MiH  Recently a message appeared  on my screen , being identified as from Facebook. It brought up the Facebook login screen and warned against sending friend requests to people that one does not know in one's circle of friends , family, work, and classmates I first received the message several months ago. The first message included a list of twenty names of people who did not respond to my friend request over all the years that I have been on Facebook. It asked that I delete all the requests and suggested that I stop sending friend requests for a week. The next was a list of 7 names - some of them very recent requests, which I did not think were given adequate response time. The third message to appear  told  that I am blocked for a week from adding friends and displayed a list of five names- all very recent requests- all in response to those with whom I interacted on Facebook- and one within the last hour of receiving t...

High Brow Art VS the Marketplace and the Maine Juice Conference

TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/xdwZDk Continuing with my story from HERE ...(and incorporating a few paragraphs from this earlier but incomplete telling ) Finally, after a year of receiving stimulus fund notices for non-profits only, in the fall of 2009, I received an email from the Maine Arts Commission about a competition for small businesses for what I took to be, a modest grant for the sum of 30000.00 from an "anonymous source". In a moment of hopeful delusions, I imagined that the Maine Arts Commission had come to its senses and realized that they needed to support the private sector. The competition was called an "elevator pitch competition" which means a pitch delivered in five minutes. Even the written answers to questions on the application were required to be answered in a minimal number of words, brevity being stressed as being so important that if your couldn't explain a business idea in five minutes, then one's business idea is simply not ...

Resident shouted down and threatened with police force at Hampden Town Cou...

This is a video of a woman valiantly fighting for her freedom of speech at a Hampden, Maine Town Council meeting. Despite threats to call the police if she didn't stop expressing her views, she prevailed as a public citizen protesting the town council's expenditure's of the taxpayers money, reminding them that it comes out of the pockets of the people. As a function of posting this video on As Maine Goes, which is still active at this time, The names of the two people in this encounter have been identified: Quoting from the As Maine Goes discussion: Vic Berardelli : "The name of the woman speaking in the video is Kristin Hornbeck , who once sat on the Hampden Town Council." This has been corrected- The woman's name is Kirsten Hornbrook. Three Pipe Problem ; " I believe Thomas B. Brann is the Chair , demonstrating either an infantile grasp of Robert's Rules or a deliberate abuse of them. How can this guy sleep at night? I hope he does the rig...