Skip to main content

Maine Candidate Anna Morkeski Running on Local Government Control Over Maine State Dominance.


Click to read story on Lincoln County News
TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/ra1NDv

Anna Morkeski sounds good but in terms of right to work, it has to be factored in that while no union dues are charged to its beneficiaries, the Maine gov is currently writing statutes that mandate employee pay and benefits for its targeted sector (companies providing above average income) as a bargaining chip in exchange for giving owners of the means of production up to 100% tax exemption on corporate and personal income tax and a tax credit of up to 80 % payroll taxes - the largest payroll taxes in the state which the Maine Gov passes the lion's share on to the general tax payer via the Pine Tree Zone tax incentives program. This means that while beneficiaries of the state's negotiations do not pay union dues in effect the general Maine tax payer covers the union dues regardless of whether or not the taxpayer is the beneficiary, while the corporation of Maine ends up with an high end employee income tax revenue which can be taxed at a higher rate than the middle class and lower jobs that the Maine economic development policies exclude from their targeted sector benefits.

So if one really advocates for making Maine a right to work state, one should also advocate for a REPEAL of the PINE TREE ZONE TAX BENEFITS which benefit the few (maybe) at the expense of the many. I say it maybe benefits the few because of Maine State Inc's over use of tax credits and tax exemptions to gift to owners of means of production and capitalists. This will continue to drive up taxes on the general public and eventually Maine will be like Denmark where wages are high but taxes are higher- on average taxes in Denmark are at 80% according to Mikkel Clair Nissen

So all we can really say for certain is that Pine Tree Zone tax incentives benefit the expanding power and might of the corporation of Maine and its hegemonic power over the free enterprise system in this state.

Response from Anna Morkeski:


Anna Morkeski I am all for ending corporatism in Maine. Sorry the article didn't cover everything. I didn't write it. Please feel free to talk to me directly about issues you would like to see addressed. Also saw you liked 'The Committee to Rebuild Maine's Middle Class". Do check out where they get their money and how they spent it.http://www.maine.gov/.../dis.../2014/ie_general-2014_NEW.htm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaceBook Blocking- in-Q-Tel and the Private Hegemony Of Power

TWEET THIS:  http://goo.gl/9y2MiH  Recently a message appeared  on my screen , being identified as from Facebook. It brought up the Facebook login screen and warned against sending friend requests to people that one does not know in one's circle of friends , family, work, and classmates I first received the message several months ago. The first message included a list of twenty names of people who did not respond to my friend request over all the years that I have been on Facebook. It asked that I delete all the requests and suggested that I stop sending friend requests for a week. The next was a list of 7 names - some of them very recent requests, which I did not think were given adequate response time. The third message to appear  told  that I am blocked for a week from adding friends and displayed a list of five names- all very recent requests- all in response to those with whom I interacted on Facebook- and one within the last hour of receiving t...

High Brow Art VS the Marketplace and the Maine Juice Conference

TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/xdwZDk Continuing with my story from HERE ...(and incorporating a few paragraphs from this earlier but incomplete telling ) Finally, after a year of receiving stimulus fund notices for non-profits only, in the fall of 2009, I received an email from the Maine Arts Commission about a competition for small businesses for what I took to be, a modest grant for the sum of 30000.00 from an "anonymous source". In a moment of hopeful delusions, I imagined that the Maine Arts Commission had come to its senses and realized that they needed to support the private sector. The competition was called an "elevator pitch competition" which means a pitch delivered in five minutes. Even the written answers to questions on the application were required to be answered in a minimal number of words, brevity being stressed as being so important that if your couldn't explain a business idea in five minutes, then one's business idea is simply not ...

Resident shouted down and threatened with police force at Hampden Town Cou...

This is a video of a woman valiantly fighting for her freedom of speech at a Hampden, Maine Town Council meeting. Despite threats to call the police if she didn't stop expressing her views, she prevailed as a public citizen protesting the town council's expenditure's of the taxpayers money, reminding them that it comes out of the pockets of the people. As a function of posting this video on As Maine Goes, which is still active at this time, The names of the two people in this encounter have been identified: Quoting from the As Maine Goes discussion: Vic Berardelli : "The name of the woman speaking in the video is Kristin Hornbeck , who once sat on the Hampden Town Council." This has been corrected- The woman's name is Kirsten Hornbrook. Three Pipe Problem ; " I believe Thomas B. Brann is the Chair , demonstrating either an infantile grasp of Robert's Rules or a deliberate abuse of them. How can this guy sleep at night? I hope he does the rig...