Skip to main content

The Way and the Why I do what I do




Marco Rubio explains everything.

 I have lately been thinking about an interchange in which I was recently engaged with one who had, in the past been involved in the JECD. In the course of the conversation, I was told that I have to stop this with the JECD, that I am wasting my time, which is better spent minding my own business and then asserted that the JECD is not working with Industry Partnerships.

The latter statement relies on knowledge of my objections to JECD which can only be known from reading this blog and so informs the interpretation of "stopping this with the JECD" as meaning I should stop writing this blog, or at least stop making JECD part of it. As for wasting my time, I wondered by what measure that would be true. Since I felt that my conversant was acting as a spokesperson for the JECD, I surmised it is true by an imagined end goal projected upon me by the JECD, about which it is not worth my time to hypothesize. The fact of the matter is I am one who follows an internal impulse and only after wards discover why I am doing what I am doing favoring discovery over planning. If I do not engage in this process I will never discover what makes me engage in this process and so I can never be said to be wasting my time as the more I engage in the process, the more I discover what is the purpose which lies behind engaging in this process. I was motivated by events to learn more about our statutes and ordinances but afterwards the pursuit took its own course. One day I realized I had acquired enough knowledge to inform a world view which called out to be expressed, if only to myself. I enjoy involvement in the evolving process in the same way that one engages in any creative process and so I do not consider it a waste of time. It is also the one activity with which I have now been engaged for years which need not be interrupted when we lose this property, a business in a home, which today seems inevitable to occur on Tuesday. I need only a lap top to carry on this part of my life, where as I need a production studio space to carry on what is identified as "my own business' in the comment made by my conversant. To my experience, that comment was the first instance of the JECD expressing any interest in our legacy business, and that only by proxy, and to serve the JECD's self interest of silencing the expression of alternative views.

 To say that I am wasting my time and that I should instead be spending the time devoted to this blog on my own business is to say I am not behaving in the way that politicians anticipate the public behaving. It is generally understood that the public at large is too busy with the concerns of their own lives to devote much time to informing themselves about what the politicians are up to. The public gets the facts and understanding of the issues from the media. The Maine media frequently reports information as if derived from press releases delivered by the Legislature. Since I am an independent researcher, I happen to know  that often times what the media reports is not true. In the case of bills which are under consideration for enactment, one has only to read the bill to know if what the media reports is true. Therefore, in writing this blog, I provide links to sources, and direct quotes to provide the reader with confirmation about facts I relay.

Let it be said, that my purpose in writing this blog is to present another point of view, one which I feel many others will concur, to one degree or another, but which I seldom see represented in the media. In terms of the JECD, I believe that there should be alternate ideas in public discourse in a democratic society. Other wise it is like being allowed to vote but all the options are from the same political party, representing the same political views.

My political view is laissez-faire , The dominant political view in Maine since the Longley Doctrine  is central management beginning with the economy and extending to everything,

The term laissez faire likely originated in a meeting that took place around 1681 between powerful French Comptroller-General of Finances Jean-Baptiste Colbert and a group of French businessmen headed by a certain M. Le Gendre. When the eager mercantilist minister asked how the French state could be of service to the merchants and help promote their commerce, Le Gendre replied simply "Laissez-nous faire" ("Leave it to us" or "Let us do [it]," the French verb not having to take an object) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire

As for the claim that JECD is not working with Industry Partnerships, a speculation that it is, is entirely based on what is found in the Boothbay Comprehensive Plan of 2015 and so if it is true that the JECD is not collaborating with Industry Partnerships, an all encompassing design by the Legislature to manage all resources in this state and to channel public-private capital through that management system, then it is also true that the JECD is not working in conjunction with the Boothbay Comprehensive Plan of 2015, which represents a considerable investment of time. If Town management makes that investment in one year and the next year starts all over again making a fresh master plan, then whom is wasting time?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why are social impact investors trying so hard to defeat smaller shelters for the homeless?

  "Social Impact” developers in Portland, Maine seek to squelch a referendum for smaller shelters called for by qualified practitioners with concrete experience in the field. A large sign says Vote C to support the Homeless, small handmade sign next to it says Untrue! That sign is paid for by developers who want / Photo by Jess Falero In   the 1970s under Governor Longley , Maine became a centrally managed economy that expanded Maine’s wealth gap and merged, almost seamlessly, the public and private and the non-profit and for-profit economic sectors into one mutually beneficial wealth-concentration & distribution system. Currently, mutually benefitting factions are coming together once again in hopes of building a mega-shelter for the homeless in a Portland, Maine industrial development district. In addition to beds for the homeless, the project will include, dining, and locker facilities, as well as offices and an attached health clinic. The promotion  describes the facility

Communism and State Ownership of Intellectual Property

Tweet This: http://goo.gl/BcA6ru Government As a Secret Society The response to my informal suggestion that public accessibility to government could be improved by making information available in a searchable data base ( see previous post) subjectively confirmed that the  functioning power elite of Maine's economic development programs and policies are both intentional in instituting a political ideology that supersedes the will of the people, as expressed in the Maine State Constitution, and deceptive towards the general public. 1.Information made available on an agency website but not in a searchable database format may not provide the research and investigative tool needed by the public. The Freedom of Access Act does not require that public information be posted online in any particular format, just that public records be made available. While there is a strong argument for increasing the accessibility and usefulness of information, there is no current requ

How Maine's Home Rule Amendment Was Superseded By Statutory Law.

TWEET THIS  http://goo.gl/PDdtbX When the Maine city state of the Midcoast Regional Redevelopment Authority came into being as a municipal corporation serving as an instrumentality of the state, it was a instance where in the power of the state usurped the authority of the local government by using the state and federal government's ability to collect and then redistribute wealth, to buy Brunswick, Maine. Brunswick obliged the higher powers by foregoing its own constitutional authority to act as the agent of  economic development in the territory which was once its own: Maine State Constitution: Article VIII. Part Second. Municipal Home Rule. 1969 Section 1.  Power of municipalities to amend their charters.  The inhabitants of any municipality shall have the power to alter and amend their charters on all matters, not prohibited by Constitution or general law, which are local and municipal in character.  The Legislature shall prescribe the procedure by which the municipal