Skip to main content

IDEXX Becomes First Corporation to Exploit Maine’s Global Corporate Welfare Act


IDEXX Becomes First Corporation to Exploit Maine’s Global Corporate Welfare Act
I am now publishing on Medium, a place where over 10000 writers from around the world contribute, and where there are many publications to which one can submit one's work, or create one's own publication.

Readers can follow writers and publications. By so doing one creates a personally curated network  displayed in a section on Medium's home page,

There is original writing on every topic, from cooking to quantum physics. Many well known magazines are on Medium, At five dollars a month it is a good bang for the buck.

I have been accepted as a writer for three publications to date,

The Start Up is the most active Media publication,
Be Unique, which is a smaller and growing publication, and
Dialogue & Discourse, my favorite Media publication, thus far.

As I joined Medium was undergoing a policy change whereby writer compensation is no longer built on applause, but on the time readers who have a $5.00 a month membership to Medium spend reading one's posts. It has to be the paid membership because that is the source of the income distributed to writers. I have spend a decade in uncompensated independent research reported here on this blog as I developed my own writing skills. Now since our business no longer has a production, (which I intend to get back), I need to develop another stream of income. This will probably take a while on Medium, where some writers are pulling in a high end income, but I think I have what it takes. If you have been following this blog, or even just new to it, you can support my writing and research by joining Medium and following me.

Since Medium requires that every article be unique and published in one place only, that means I have to do the same thing here. I think that is a good policy which will encourage more thoughtful writing, which I am all for. Since my time is limited, I am posting the links to my Medium articles, which I might have formerly posted here, featuring the posts that specifically relate:

The Writer and the Activist Meeting At the Intersection


My latest article for Medium's Discourse and Dialogue sets the foundation for what I intend to tell in this venue. 

 I am old enough to say that the future is now, by which I mean that the world we live in now was the science fiction of my youth. Medium is very expressive of how the contemporary now culture in which now is only now and not also the future, views the world. This is a generation in which globalism is a fact of life everywhere. To some degree that makes me fit right in since I always took "think global, act local" as a practicing reality. This post is about the danger of using outmoded terms to identify what no longer exists.

This post is about the danger of using outmoded terms to identify what no longer exists.

License: CC0 Public Domain Mohamed Mahmoud Hassan has released this “Business Man Chasing Money” image under Public Domain license


It’s Not “Capitalism vs Socialism, It’s “Free Market Economy vs Wealth Redistribution Economy"

Thank You for supporting my new venture on Medium, a very interesting place for writers and readers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaceBook Blocking- in-Q-Tel and the Private Hegemony Of Power

TWEET THIS:  http://goo.gl/9y2MiH  Recently a message appeared  on my screen , being identified as from Facebook. It brought up the Facebook login screen and warned against sending friend requests to people that one does not know in one's circle of friends , family, work, and classmates I first received the message several months ago. The first message included a list of twenty names of people who did not respond to my friend request over all the years that I have been on Facebook. It asked that I delete all the requests and suggested that I stop sending friend requests for a week. The next was a list of 7 names - some of them very recent requests, which I did not think were given adequate response time. The third message to appear  told  that I am blocked for a week from adding friends and displayed a list of five names- all very recent requests- all in response to those with whom I interacted on Facebook- and one within the last hour of receiving t...

High Brow Art VS the Marketplace and the Maine Juice Conference

TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/xdwZDk Continuing with my story from HERE ...(and incorporating a few paragraphs from this earlier but incomplete telling ) Finally, after a year of receiving stimulus fund notices for non-profits only, in the fall of 2009, I received an email from the Maine Arts Commission about a competition for small businesses for what I took to be, a modest grant for the sum of 30000.00 from an "anonymous source". In a moment of hopeful delusions, I imagined that the Maine Arts Commission had come to its senses and realized that they needed to support the private sector. The competition was called an "elevator pitch competition" which means a pitch delivered in five minutes. Even the written answers to questions on the application were required to be answered in a minimal number of words, brevity being stressed as being so important that if your couldn't explain a business idea in five minutes, then one's business idea is simply not ...

Resident shouted down and threatened with police force at Hampden Town Cou...

This is a video of a woman valiantly fighting for her freedom of speech at a Hampden, Maine Town Council meeting. Despite threats to call the police if she didn't stop expressing her views, she prevailed as a public citizen protesting the town council's expenditure's of the taxpayers money, reminding them that it comes out of the pockets of the people. As a function of posting this video on As Maine Goes, which is still active at this time, The names of the two people in this encounter have been identified: Quoting from the As Maine Goes discussion: Vic Berardelli : "The name of the woman speaking in the video is Kristin Hornbeck , who once sat on the Hampden Town Council." This has been corrected- The woman's name is Kirsten Hornbrook. Three Pipe Problem ; " I believe Thomas B. Brann is the Chair , demonstrating either an infantile grasp of Robert's Rules or a deliberate abuse of them. How can this guy sleep at night? I hope he does the rig...