Skip to main content

Richard Light, Maine's Next Governor



I am not a Libertarian, I an an Independent but I support Richard Light as Maine's next governor. He touches on many points that are resonate with my own, including that our political power is supposed to be local. That is what the Home Rule Amendment is about added to our Constitution in the sixties.

In the seventies the Longley Doctrine was instituted by Legislative Deeming.


Governors Longley created a board, composed exclusively of members of Maine's wealthiest and most powerful industries. The board was assigned the role of leading the legislature in creating a new form og government, by and for public private relationships.

The newly formed board proposed to change by statutory law, the municipal public referendums which seven years earlier had been added to the Maine Constitution as Section 2 of the Home Rule Amendment. The Report- Governor's Task Force for Economic Redevelopment, Recommended Legislation for an Economic Development Program -110th Congress, calls for the elimination of local referendums on municipal bond issues with precise language:
2: eliminate the requirement for a local referendum on municipal bond issues.[1]

Article VIII.

Part Second.

Municipal Home Rule.

Section 1.  Power of municipalities to amend their charters.   The inhabitants of any municipality shall have the power to alter and amend their charters on all matters, not prohibited by Constitution or general law, which are local and municipal in character.  The Legislature shall prescribe the procedure by which the municipality may so act.
Section 2.  Construction of buildings for industrial use.   For the purposes of fostering, encouraging and assisting the physical location, settlement and resettlement of industrial and manufacturing enterprises within the physical boundaries of any municipality, the registered voters of that municipality may, by majority vote, authorize the issuance of notes or bonds in the name of the municipality for the purpose of purchasing land and interests therein or constructing buildings for industrial use, to be leased or sold by the municipality to any responsible industrial firm or corporation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FaceBook Blocking- in-Q-Tel and the Private Hegemony Of Power

TWEET THIS:  http://goo.gl/9y2MiH  Recently a message appeared  on my screen , being identified as from Facebook. It brought up the Facebook login screen and warned against sending friend requests to people that one does not know in one's circle of friends , family, work, and classmates I first received the message several months ago. The first message included a list of twenty names of people who did not respond to my friend request over all the years that I have been on Facebook. It asked that I delete all the requests and suggested that I stop sending friend requests for a week. The next was a list of 7 names - some of them very recent requests, which I did not think were given adequate response time. The third message to appear  told  that I am blocked for a week from adding friends and displayed a list of five names- all very recent requests- all in response to those with whom I interacted on Facebook- and one within the last hour of receiving t...

High Brow Art VS the Marketplace and the Maine Juice Conference

TWEET THIS http://goo.gl/xdwZDk Continuing with my story from HERE ...(and incorporating a few paragraphs from this earlier but incomplete telling ) Finally, after a year of receiving stimulus fund notices for non-profits only, in the fall of 2009, I received an email from the Maine Arts Commission about a competition for small businesses for what I took to be, a modest grant for the sum of 30000.00 from an "anonymous source". In a moment of hopeful delusions, I imagined that the Maine Arts Commission had come to its senses and realized that they needed to support the private sector. The competition was called an "elevator pitch competition" which means a pitch delivered in five minutes. Even the written answers to questions on the application were required to be answered in a minimal number of words, brevity being stressed as being so important that if your couldn't explain a business idea in five minutes, then one's business idea is simply not ...

Resident shouted down and threatened with police force at Hampden Town Cou...

This is a video of a woman valiantly fighting for her freedom of speech at a Hampden, Maine Town Council meeting. Despite threats to call the police if she didn't stop expressing her views, she prevailed as a public citizen protesting the town council's expenditure's of the taxpayers money, reminding them that it comes out of the pockets of the people. As a function of posting this video on As Maine Goes, which is still active at this time, The names of the two people in this encounter have been identified: Quoting from the As Maine Goes discussion: Vic Berardelli : "The name of the woman speaking in the video is Kristin Hornbeck , who once sat on the Hampden Town Council." This has been corrected- The woman's name is Kirsten Hornbrook. Three Pipe Problem ; " I believe Thomas B. Brann is the Chair , demonstrating either an infantile grasp of Robert's Rules or a deliberate abuse of them. How can this guy sleep at night? I hope he does the rig...